Historically we have always been a sales-led business without a dedicated company buyer, as the role has been undertaken by 1 of the Directors. However, with a rapidly expanding database of suppliers and continuously increasing product portfolio, we are now looking for somebody to take on a purchasing role full time.
Duties will include and not be limited to:
- Managing stock re-order levels, monitoring fluctuating demand and stock control
- Selecting new suppliers where appropriate, as well as controlling and liaising with existing suppliers, ensuring continuity of supply lines & nurturing relationships.
- Monitoring supplier performance in line with the company’s ISO responsibilities
- Liaising with marketing and new product development, identifying and expanding product lines
- Working closely with various departments to ensure products purchased are in line with the needs of the company
- Tracking delivery schedules and liaising with suppliers regarding live orders
- Ensuring effective cost controls on purchased items
- Processing purchase order requests, for issuing to suppliers
- Tracking orders and delivery dates • Compare deliveries with issued purchase orders and contacting vendors when there are discrepancies
- Ensuring all paperwork is correct for audit purposes. Providing analytical reports
- Hands-on involvement in Goods In procedures including booking in deliveries and effective stock management.
- Performing and assisting with stock takes as and when required
- Assisting with general administration and office duties
The candidate will also be required to assist with other departments as and when required so a degree of flexibility is required. Candidates will require excellent PC skills and be proficient with Word / Excel with knowledge of Sage an advantage.
- Salary of £19,000
- 24 days paid holiday
- Company pension
- Role-based approximately 5 miles outside Banbury so car essential
- Working within a dynamic business, successfully operating with an upward sales trend for 20+ years
CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies)